Friday, April 11, 2014

Arabic-Speaking Friends for My Baby

Bismillah.

I can't remember where did I read the statement that said kids acquire a big percentage of their language proficiency from conversations with their friends. (Same thing goes to adults.)

I have three conclusions to be made from that sentence:

1) Now I finally found the reason why I am not very fluent while speaking in Arabic or English; I only speak Malay with my friends.

2) I need to send Majdiyya to kindergarten with Arabic medium. Do we have it in KL? I think I have read one time ago that the mom of the famous Darwisy & Darwisya sends her daughter to an Arabic kindergarten.

3) I have to encourage more and more friends to speak Arabic with their kids, so that my baby will have friends to speak in Arabic with her. :)

No comments: